Thursday, 20 February 2014
Another year of Valentine Day celebration . We did not do much , not super fancy dinner, no gift exchange . We went to a restaurant few day earlier then Valentine day and playing bowling with a group of friends . Finally have a home cooked roast and beautiful cake for our celebration at home in the weekend.
I love the simple celebration , to have the close one doing normal daily stuffs . That is the dream I always wish before married , so there is no complain ^^.
To make our dinner special , it got to end with a special sweet. I come by this food blogger ->Dailydelicious. The entrement she made is simply beautiful . From the element she used, you can imagine is simply delicious, rich ,sweet. The picture itself is already so appealing !! Everytime when I see the picture on internet food blogger, my this year wish is to improve in my baking & picture skill .
So here is the cake I have bake for this year Valentine night celebration . I used the recipe above but did not do exactly as her creation.
This recipe make 4 of 6cm small cake
1 piece of Chocolate Spongec cake ( 6" round cake)
Cut into 4 pieces of 6cm small cake using the cake ring
70g Raspberry Puree
11g Caster Sugar
1tsp Lemon Juice
1. Pour water in a bowl, sprinkle gelatin on it and let it bloom. Set in a bath of hot water and melt the gelatin,
2. Bring raspberry puree, sugar and lemon juice to boil.
3. Mix in the gelatine till disolve.
4. Pour the mixture evenly in 4 silicone molds. Freeze it overnight .
70g Dark Chocolate , chopped
32g Egg Yolks
12g Caster Sugar
85g Whipping Cream
1.Place the water in a bowl sprinkle gelatin on it let it bloom. Place the bowl in a hot water and let it melt.
2.Beat the yolks with sugar until combine, boil the milk and pour the hot milk over the yolk mixture and whisking it all time.
3.When the milk combine well into the yolk, bring this mixture heat over low heat till 80C.
4. Take the pan away from the heat and add in the gelatin till disolved.
5. Place a sieve over the bowl of chocolate, slowly pour in the egg mixture through the sieve and wait for 1 minutes.
6.Stir untill all the chocolate melt, let the mixture cool to room temperature.
7.Beat the whipping cream till soft peak, put 1/3 of the whipping cream into the chocolate mixture mix well.
8. Pour the whole chocolate mixture to the reminding whipping cream, combine well.
I do not have the cake ring, I used my cheesecake mold which the base can be push up when dislocate the cake. Slo here is how I assemble my cake :
1. Take the raspberry jelly out from the freezer
2. Place one piece of chocolate cake at the bottom of the mold.
3. Pour in 2 tablespoon of the chocolate mousse, place the raspberry jelly in.
4. Pour in 2 tablespoon of the chocolate mousse to cover the raspberry jelly.
5. Place the cake in the freezer over night or at least 6hrs.
20g Golden Syrup
30g Whipping Cream
100g Milk Chocolate
34g Dark Chocolate
1. Bring to boil all the ingredienst expect both chocolate.
2. Pour it over the chocolate and stir till well combine.
Unmold the cake and slowly pour the ganache over the cake. Decorate with fruit and chocolate slice before serving.
It does take time to prepare this cake,it is not difficult just need patience. Time for raspberry jelly to freeze, time for chocolate mousse to set, to freeze up. Result ? Is worth it !!
The mousse is smooth and the raspberry bring refresh to this cake and rhe chocolate coating is not too sweet. As a non chocolate fan , I do enjoy and love the taste of this cake.
To improve, next time I would have to push the raspberry puree through a seive to remove the seed . I wanted to deco the cake with cherry but this does not bring out the color of the cake. At the end, mango still suit well.
Give this a try and you might surprise yourself and your love one.
Wednesday, 12 February 2014
This is simple yet delicious cheesecake, is easy to make and the review will be great. I bought this mini cheesecake pan for quite awhile , have been wanted to make something beautiful from it. Before I attain to this recipe, I use this recipe to make tweak it to Orange Cheesecake , the result is equally yum .
The recipe I used is the easy and no fail from ->Christine Recipe , she is my all time favourite food blogger , love the way she present her food and the step by step picture. It just make the baking easy and is no fail at all.
So here is the recipe for my own record :
1 packet of Oreo Cookies ( 150gm) remove the cream fillings
50g melted butter
250g cream cheese block
50g caster sugar
1 large egg
100ml thicken cream ( pouring cream)
20ml lemon juice ( if you are making orange flavour, replace this with orange juice)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract ( I used 1Tbsp of lemon zest instead of this extract)
1. Preheat oven to 170C
2. Pulse the Oreo biscuit to fine crumb using food processor and add the melted butter to combine well.
3. Divide the Oreo mixture evenly to 12 mini cheesecake pan. Is about 2 tablespoon for each small hole. Using the flat end of the rolling pin, lightly press the mixture and even the surface.
4.Combine the cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl. Use electric mixer to beat till smooth. Scrape down the side of the bowl to ensure even beating of the cream.
5. Add the egg in the cream mixture, beat well and follow by thicken cream , lemon juice and lemon zest. Beat till the mixture is smooth and well combined.
6.Spoon the cream cheese mixture over each Oreo biscuits evenly and bake in the preheated oven for 20min.
7. Once is bake well , take it out and cool at the wire rack . Carefully remove from the pan and chilled in the fridge.
20g caster sugar
2tsp lemon juice
2tsp cornflour + 1Tbsp water ( combine well)
1. Cook the blueberry with sugar and lemon juice in a small saucer pan with medium low heat.
2. When the blueberry started to turn soft , break it down and pour the cornflour water in bit by bit , stir well to combine till you get the right consistency.
3. Remove the compote from the heat and let it cool down and chilled in the fridge if you not serving immediately.
Spoon the blueberry compote onto the cheesecake , it should have a small curve in the cake to let this compote sit well.
Decorate with blueberry . I choose Cherry , it looks good on it and the taste yum .
This mini cheesecake can be bake in cupcake as well.Top with any fruit you like or change the flavour according to your liking, it can be as surprise as a Valentine Treat.
This is one of the dessert I brought to a Christmas party ^^.