A lot of the friends has express their interest in this lovely goodies - Pineapple Tarts. This is my no 1 top love of the CNY cookies. We used to place order and from the best famous Malacca style pineapple tart. Only after making it myself I understand why this cookies is always the most expensive and at time one tarts can reach the price of $1.50 each. Not only is time consuming and the delicate of handling it require patience and again time .
I have make a batch of 81 pieces with the following recipe and would like to let my friends try out and see do they love this version and taste.
The recipe I used is from ->Table for 2 or more
1kg pineapple flesh
1 1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 small piece of cinnamon stick
1. Blend the pineapple flesh till fine ( is good to leave some fiber in )
As mention in Table for 2 or more recipe, include the core of the pineapple does make it more juicy and add fibre in the jam texture.
2. Pour all the blend pineapple in a deep base wok/pot and start to cook in medium heat.
3. When the pineapple started to dry up and like thick oatmeal, gentle pour in half of sugar and continue to cook in low heat.
4. Stir occasionally and make sure no burning of jam in the bottom.
5. When the water reduce to 80% pour in the reminding sugar, and stir every 8 min.
6. When the pineapple jam is cooked to your liking consistency , off the fire and let it cool down .
Is easy to handle the jam after chilled in a fridge.
The post written by Wendyikk is very helpful and details. Do used her blog for more details information.
Happy baking and I do hope this will be well received by my friends or customers :)