Simple Delights

Sunday 2 December 2012

Purple Sweet Potatoes Chiffon Cake



I love potatoes. Never know that I can combine the potatoes in chiffon cake.

Is not easy to find purple sweet potatoes back home.Surprisingly is quite easy to get purple sweet potatoes in Australia. The purple sweet potatoes always is cook as a dessert in soup for Asia family, we will boil it in syrup water with some ginger it. It is good during cold night and is good for digestion as well.

Looking through some of the purple sweet potatoes chiffon cake , I find this appealing and would like to give it a try ->Evan's Kitchen. So here is the recipes I used for this cake:

Ingredients (used 22 cm cake  mould) :

130g purple sweet potato
4 tbsps milk
4 egg yolks
25g brown sugar ( I used caster sugar 40g)
65ml canola oil
4 tbsps water ( I used milk )
110g cake flour, sifted
5 cold egg whites
65g caster sugar
80-100g raw purple sweet potato cubes, lightly coated with cake flour to prevent from sinking to the bottom of the cake


Method :
1. Peel and chop purple sweet potatoes, then steam until cooked. lightly mash with fork, add milk and puree with hand blender until emulsified.
2.Put egg yolks, brown sugar, oil & water in a metal bowl whisk until well blended. add in sweet potato puree and mix well. fold in flour until well combined.
3. Pour egg whites and caster sugar in a bowl beat with hand mixer until stiff peaks, then fold the whites into the yolk mixture in 3 additions. fold in the purple sweet potato cubes.
4. Pour mixture into ungreased chiffon/angel cake tube pan and knock the pan against the counter top to remove some air bubbles.
5. Bake in a preheated oven of 180C for 40 mins or until a wooden skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. remove tin from oven and immediately invert it until the cake has cooled completely.




Again I love the light texture of this cake. I suppose I knock the pan against the counter top too hard the sweet potatoes seem to be quite at the bottom of my cake. I share some with my gal friends. They love it , they are quite surprise - Oh Purple Sweet Potatoes Chiffon Cake? Well if the taste is yum I guess nobody mind a little bit of surprise .


1 comment:

  1. Hi dear,

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award.

    http://eelmsthebaker.wordpress.com/2012/12/11/liebster-award-nomination/

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...